Ticket #3297 (closed defect: fixed)
mc loses files on "skip" when "Cannot preallocate space for target file"
|Reported by:||onlyjob||Owned by:||andrew_b|
|Branch state:||merged||Votes for changeset:||committed-master|
As reported in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=767463
I just wanted to move some old IRC logs to the side, so I marked them,
hit F6 to move to the old/ subdirectory, and told mc to append.
I got an error message:
║ Cannot preallocate space for target file "/home/t/tglaser~ev_arandom.log" ║
║ Bad file descriptor (9) ║
When I hit “abort”, it cleanly aborted, and nothing happened.
But when I hit “skip”, the target(!) file is deleted.
① Why does this error occur in the first place? Filesystem is:
/dev/sda6 on /home type ext3 (rw,relatime,quota,usrquota,data=ordered)
② It should not lose data.
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Owner set to andrew_b
- Version changed from 4.8.13 to master
- Branch state changed from no branch to on review
- Milestone changed from Future Releases to 4.8.14
- Status changed from accepted to testing
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko to committed-master
- Resolution set to fixed
- Branch state changed from approved to merged