Ticket #3065 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Support italic text
|Reported by:||egmont||Owned by:||andrew_b|
|Branch state:||merged||Votes for changeset:||committed-master|
This ticket is for future reference, currently it's a proof of concept only.
Some terminals (the ones I know about right now are: rxvt-unicode and vte (gnome-terminal etc.)) support italic text. To test whether your terminal supports it, try this command:
echo $'Normal \e[3mItalic\e[0m'
I've created proof of concept patches for SLang and MC - if you patch both, and compile mc against the patched slang, you'll get italic support in your skins.
I've talked to ncurses's author, he said he'll consider adding support. I'm just about to contact slang's developers.
In order for mc to add proper support, the following would be required:
- at least one of ncurses and slang (but ideally both) providing mainstream support
- configure-time autodetect whether the required constants are defined
Let's hope this can happen at some point in the future.
- Owner set to andrew_b
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Component changed from mc-skin to mc-tty
- Branch state changed from no branch to on review
- Milestone changed from Future Releases to 4.8.14
comment:10 Changed 2 years ago by andrew_b
- Votes for changeset set to andrew_b
- Branch state changed from on review to approved
comment:11 Changed 2 years ago by andrew_b
- Status changed from accepted to testing
- Votes for changeset changed from andrew_b to committed-master
- Resolution set to fixed
- Branch state changed from approved to merged