Ticket #2956 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Newer protocol for extended mouse clicks
|Reported by:||egmont||Owned by:||slavazanko|
|Branch state:||merged||Votes for changeset:||committed-master|
This is a followup of ticket 2662.
MC currently has support for mouse clicks beyond column 223, using urxvt's "SGR 1015" extension.
A followup extension, "SGR 1006" was invented by xterm, to overcome some of the shortcomings of the previous one. It is becoming as widespread as the previous one, and is likely to soon overtake it in popularity. Some developers are actually quite against adopting two extensions, and are likely to stick with the newer ones. (Actually I had a hard time convincing vte's developer not to drop urxvt's extension yet, but he might want to drop it after a while.)
I attach a patch which changes MC to use this newer extension, instead of the older one.
Note that most of the patch is just the removal of the huge complexity introduced by the previous one. The previous extension didn't have a unique prefix which made the whole parsing logic extremely complicated. The new extension does have a unique prefix, so parsing becomes a piece of cake. The code becomes much cleaner and much easier to maintain.
Could you please apply this patch to the development branch? This would be a huge step towards settling down in one of these extensions, rather than carrying around the crazyness of more of them, and to be able to retire the 1015 extension in a few years.
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Owner set to slavazanko
comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by slavazanko
- Votes for changeset set to slavazanko
- Branch state changed from no branch to on review
- Milestone changed from Future Releases to 4.8.8
comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by andrew_b
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko to slavazanko andrew_b
- Branch state changed from on review to approved
comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by slavazanko
- Status changed from accepted to testing
- Keywords mouse added
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko andrew_b to committed-master
- Resolution set to fixed
- Branch state changed from approved to merged