Ticket #2090 (closed defect: fixed)
CmdViewFile Raw/Parse switching
|Reported by:||gotar||Owned by:|
|Branch state:||no branch||Votes for changeset:|
Assume we have file.txt.gz. When viewed with CmdView (F3) the contents are ungzipped and we can switch back and forth with F8 (ViewToggleMagicMode). However if viewed with CmdViewFile (shift-F3) weird things happen:
- shift-F3: we see binary contents, Raw mode is on (always, in contrary to F3, which starts with last used mode),
- F8: Parse mode should be on, but it isn't - the only change is that status bar prints now file.txt.gz#ugz,
- F8: Parse mode should be turned off, instead it is apparently on! Contents are ungzipped now (via SFS, how does it know what to use?),
- F8 again: nothing else happens, we stuck with ungzipped text.
The worse happens with other files compressed with gz algorithm, like zip archives or ods documents: after second F8 we get only "gzip: stdin has more than one entry--rest ignored" and "Error Cannot open file.zip#ugz No such file or directory (2)" after that.
And BTW: current viewer doesn't display column count in UnWrap mode (i.e. horizontal shift), probably since #1585 fixing.
- Branch state set to no branch
- Summary changed from CmdViewFile Raw/Parse switching and SFS interaction to CmdViewFile Raw/Parse switching
- Version changed from version not selected to master
- Milestone changed from 4.7 to Future Releases