Ticket #1952 (accepted defect)
mc cd foo.tar#utar does not handle POSIX ustar archives, only GNU tar vendor-specific/legacy ones
|Reported by:||mirabilos||Owned by:||andrew_b|
|Branch state:||on hold||Votes for changeset:|
Description (last modified by andrew_b) (diff)
please see http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/pax.html#tag_20_92_13_06
for the specification of the POSIX ustar interchange format.
GNU cpio (-Hustar), paxtar, and GNU tar --format=ustar
all create archives of this format; bsdtar probably does
as well. However, I cannot cd#utar or “Enter” them in
both mc-4.6.1-16 (MirPorts?) and mc_3:4.7.0-1 (Debian sid).
After looking at tar.c I think you only support the legacy
or vendor-specific/proprietary GNU tar archive format.
The new boot floppies of MirBSD as of today are ustar
archives, with the bootsector squeezed into an ustar
header and closely following the standard. Introspection
would be nice.
- Owner set to andrew_b
- Status changed from new to accepted
- severity changed from no branch to on review
- Milestone changed from 4.7 to 4.7.3
comment:15 Changed 6 years ago by andrew_b
- Keywords ustar tar vfs removed
- Version changed from 4.6.1 to master
- severity changed from on rework to on review
- Milestone changed from 4.7.4 to 4.7.5
comment:17 Changed 6 years ago by slavazanko
- severity changed from on review to on hold
- Blocked By 3 added
comment:18 Changed 6 years ago by slavazanko
- severity changed from on hold to no branch
- Branch state set to on hold