Ticket #3724 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Truecolor skins: Four seasons
|Reported by:||egmont||Owned by:||andrew_b|
|Blocked By:||#3145, #3711||Blocking:|
|Branch state:||merged||Votes for changeset:||committed-master|
#3145 implements true color support, which ideally should be shipped with at least one demo skin.
I started to work on one, and without having any concept I just realized that I went for the typical colors of autumn's falling leaves, probably inspired by a nice little hike a few days earlier. And then I had the idea to make it into a complete set for the four seasons:
- Spring: Blooming, maybe even a bit like Gmail's Cherry Blossom theme
- Summer: Sun, ocean, beach, beachball
- Autumn: Falling leaves, Halloween pumpkins
- Winter: Snow, ice, skiing, cold
I attach the current preliminary version of the idea. Note that it's just a rough sketch, I haven't touched some of the less important colors at all, and things are likely to change a lot, especially if I get nice feedback. Also I don't quite like the current state of "summer", I'd like to bring more vivid colors to it. I'm more satisfied with the other three.
The main purpose of these skins is to demo the truecolor feature and perhaps be something a bit more outstanding, a bit more special or unusual than the default ones. Right after this the second priority is usability.
I also attach a single screenshot showing all the four skins, as well as the script which almost fully automates creating this screenshot (at least the boring bits).
In order to actually try it out, you need the patches from #3145 and #3711, a terminal supporting true colors (e.g. gnome-terminal or konsole), slang-2.3.1, a 64-bit machine, and export COLORTERM=truecolor.
Comments are welcome! I'm open to even major changes to the colors if they depict the given season better. Text comments, patches, proof of concept updated screenshots using gimp's Bucket Fill tool, whatever... I'm also super curious whether you like the overall idea at all :)
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Owner set to andrew_b
- Milestone changed from Future Releases to 4.8.19
- Status changed from accepted to testing
- Votes for changeset set to committed-master
- Resolution set to fixed
- Branch state changed from no branch to merged
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Votes for changeset committed-master deleted
- Branch state changed from merged to no branch