Ticket #3589 (closed defect: fixed)
Hexdecimal search fails
|Reported by:||phelum||Owned by:||andrew_b|
|Branch state:||merged||Votes for changeset:||committed-master|
Searching for characters > 0x7F fails. A search for 0x80 causes a search for 0xC0 0x00. A search for 0x41 - 0x5A results in false finds of 0x61 - 0x7A.
I've disabled the case-insensitivity logic and enabled raw mode in hex.c and regex.c and this seems to fix the problem. I can supply the new files if this will help. But perhaps these changes adversely affect UTF-8 searches.
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Owner set to andrew_b
- Votes for changeset set to andrew_b
- Branch state changed from no branch to on review
- Milestone changed from Future Releases to 4.8.19
comment:11 Changed 3 months ago by andrew_b
- Status changed from accepted to testing
- Votes for changeset changed from andrew_b to committed-master
- Resolution set to fixed
- Branch state changed from approved to merged