Ticket #3152 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Display bits's Select button is unconventional
|Reported by:||egmont||Owned by:||andrew_b|
|Branch state:||merged||Votes for changeset:||committed-master|
Options -> Display bits looks like:
Input / display codepage: UTF-8 [ Select ]
whereas UTF-8 is a non-clickable label reflecting the actual value, and Select is the button that lets you choose a different value.
This is very unusual, does not mimic at all how dropdown lists (html's <select><option>, and similar ones in graphical toolkits) work. A better design would be:
Input / display codepage: [ UTF-8 ]
i.e. the currently active value is the button's label.
mc's Advanced chown also works this latter way: the current value (username or group) is the button that you can click on. I'm also following this design in my work in progress patch in #2165.
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Owner set to andrew_b
- Branch state changed from no branch to on review
- Milestone changed from Future Releases to 4.8.12
- Votes for changeset set to slavazanko
- Branch state changed from on review to approved
- Status changed from accepted to testing
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko to committed-master
- Resolution set to fixed
- Branch state changed from approved to merged