Ticket #3140 (closed defect: fixed)
trailing newline check applied too early when exiting
|Reported by:||ossi||Owned by:||andrew_b|
|Branch state:||merged||Votes for changeset:||committed-master|
the fix for #46 added the check way too early for the editor exit case (editcmd.c:1790 in the patch). it shouldn't be done until it is established that the user actually wants to save the file, otherwise it's impossible to exit without saving at all.
btw, "The file you are saving is not finished with a newline" isn't very good english. it should be "The file you are saving does not end with a newline".
- Owner set to andrew_b
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Branch state changed from no branch to on review
- Milestone changed from Future Releases to 4.8.12
- Votes for changeset set to slavazanko
- Branch state changed from on review to approved
- Status changed from accepted to testing
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko to committed-master
- Resolution set to fixed
- Branch state changed from approved to merged