Ticket #3134 (closed defect: fixed)
Learn keys UI inconsistencies
|Reported by:||egmont||Owned by:|
|Branch state:||no branch||Votes for changeset:||committed-master|
In the Learn keys dialog:
- The order is weird: End is far away from Home, PageDown? is above PageUp? (although Down is below Up as one'd expect). I recommend putting these 6 keys in the order they appear on regular keyboards: Insert Delete Home End PageUp? PageDown?.
- It's not logical that 3 out of the 4 keypad keys are represented by their symbol +, - and *, but one is spelled out as "Slash". These 4 keys should also follow the order in which they appear on keyboards: / * - +
- Given the standard terminal width of 80 columns, the dialog is very crowded and backtab does not fit nicely. You could just say "Back Tab" instead of fully spelling out "Back Tabulation". Also you could save width by omitting the obvious and superflouos word "key" from the description of all the keys, e.g. "Backspace" is just as obvious as "Backspace key".
- M-tab is preceded by a slash, while S-tab is preceded by a space.
- Blocked By 3113 added
- Milestone changed from Future Releases to 4.8.12
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.