Ticket #3064 (closed defect: fixed)
mc crashes on rpm packages with tar files inside
|Reported by:||dsilakov||Owned by:||andrew_b|
|Branch state:||merged||Votes for changeset:||committed-master|
MC always expects to see CPIO content inside RPM packages. However, it is also possible for RPM packages to contain TAR payload (ustar, to be more precise).
You can find an example of such rpm here - http://bugs.rosalinux.ru/show_bug.cgi?id=2612
When trying to open such package, mc crashes.
The fix is rather simple, since rpm2cpio works correctly for such files (but it produces tar archives, not cpio ones).
- Owner set to andrew_b
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Milestone changed from Future Releases to 4.8.11
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko to slavazanko angel_il
- Branch state changed from on review to approved
- Status changed from accepted to testing
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko angel_il to committed-master
- Resolution set to fixed
- Branch state changed from approved to merged